Thursday, April 28, 2011

IE9 Fixed, Updated HTMLContext

I have finally gotten some time to look at why IE9 wasn't working.  I knew it didn't support __defineGetter__/__defineSetter__, but didn't know what the alternative was until just last night.  I got everything that was working in the other browsers working in IE9, but the demos run slow.  For all of the brouhaha about how IE9 supports hardware acceleration, I'm not that impressed.  It used to run everything almost as fast as Chrome, but now it seems it runs it at 1/2 the framerate, if not worse.  Plus, Firefox seems to be running slowly too.  It may be due to the way I'm handling z-depth, but I'm not sure.  Need to do some profiling.

Yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time looking at the HTMLContext.  I have made numerous updates to it and cleaned some things up.  Plus, I added a demo for HTMLContext to the "/demos" folder.  I think this holds a lot of potential, but I'll need to figure out how to tap it properly.  Combined with the RenderUtil's capability to render to a temp canvas context, then extract imagery, it might be a way to get good performance out of the browser.  I'll have to see about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment