Thursday, February 10, 2011

Internet Explorer 9 woes

With the release of Internet Explorer 9 RC1 today, I decided to update and take a look at how the engine is performing in this shiny new beast.  To my dismay, I found that __defineGetter__ and __defineSetter__ don't work (supported, but don't work)!

Bummer...


So, I've got a tough decision on my hands: roll the classes which use that functionality back, or create separate classes for IE which handles this issue.  I'm leaning toward the latter because it has been shown to provide a speed increase of a few nanoseconds in every other browser (which is important because it's in the R.math classes which are used heavily).  Also, IE8 and previous don't support it either so my quest to support those browsers with FlashCanvas would be for naught.  However, I don't want to have to maintain two separate class files.

Sigh... will the problems never cease??

No comments:

Post a Comment