Friday, February 11, 2011

Firefox 4.0 b11 - Impressive!

After sobbing a bit about having to create a separate class to handle IE property getters and setters, I decided to upgrade my current beta of Firefox to 11 and give the engine a quick run through.  I have to say, I am impressed!  The JavaScript engine is much faster and the overall experience was buttery smooth (except when the number of animated objects got pretty high - say 125 particles and 40 visible objects).  Overall, I am happy with the changes to the browser's JavaScript engine and memory handling.  It's getting on par with Chrome for performance within the demos.

2 comments:

  1. Can you make something like benchmark based on your engine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing exactly that. I'll see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete