Thursday, August 19, 2010

Let's get Physical!

I've gotten the physics module loading, but it's still not working yet.   I don't get any dependency errors, so the files and classes are all loaded and configured.  The thing that I don't see is a physically animated object.  It's not a big deal -- the big deal is that it all loads without errors!  Now to try and get a physics object into a demo and play with it a bit...

In other news, I've been playing around with how to do UI's for The Render Engine.  I've got ideas about a couple of approaches.  The first would be to just use a div layered over the render context and have jQuery do the layout for me.  Another option is to create renderable components for the context itself.  I'm also fighting with how to represent UI objects for quick loading.  JSON just doesn't seem like a good fit, but it doesn't require a lot of parsing since it's inherent to most browsers.  I may still change it to be a textually descriptive format.

No comments:

Post a Comment