Monday, August 8, 2011

Tutorial 12 - Physics

I just committed the Physics Tutorial to the repo.  It's just a simple example of setting up a simulation, adding rigid bodies, and getting them to animate.  I also made some changes to the tutorial naming for consistency.  Finally, I noticed a couple of bugs in the PolyBody component.  The first was a bug in the world scale division value.  The second, which is still unresolved, is that the polygon isn't rendering where the physical body is located.  There's an offset that exists that I need to resolve.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've been seeing your engine and I am amazed by all the cool stuff you are doing. But sadly I can't run the demos/tutorials... I just see a blank page. Have tried with the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome but nothing :S
    How can i fix it? I'd love to give it a try!!!

    thanx and congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you use the "run.bat" file in the root. If you're running on a Mac or in Linux, you just need to run the Java JAR for the simple web server and it should work as well. Once you have the server up and running, navigate your browser to:

    http://localhost:8010/demos/index.html

    or

    http://localhost:8010/tutorials/index.html

    ReplyDelete