Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Refactored Tutorials and Small Updates

I've completed refactoring of the tutorials and only have two left to create (Physics and Storage) before I'll say they are completed.  I ended up splitting up what used to be tutorial 11 into two tutorials so I could demonstrate convex collisions and particles separately.  I don't want to combine too much into a tutorial which might end up confusing someone into thinking that two unrelated functions are somehow related.  I hope to get the Physics and Storage tutorials completed shortly, but it's a factor of how much time do I have.

In addition to refactoring the tutorials, I have made several small tweaks to the engine which were usually related to bugs I've found.  There are also some new methods added and old functionality cleaned up.  The engine continues to get more stable as the days go on.  Look for another beta shortly, as it feels about right to do so.  I haven't had the time to focus on the Level Editor, but I still plan on getting that completed for the final v2.0 release.

My website continues to be down which is extremely upsetting.  I really have enjoyed having a website for free for a long time, but it's probably time to find somewhere to host it.  Really all I need is a PHP host, and only in the very most basic sense of needing PHP.  I hope to have the website back up and running soon.  Also, the documentation is getting a bit outdated so expect that to get regenerated and uploaded soon too.

1 comment:

  1. Brett, you can host your page on my server if you want. Contact me for doing it so..

    ReplyDelete