Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our New Home

The Render Engine has moved from Google Code to GitHub!  I've completed moving the v2.0 branch to GitHub and it is available now.  Further development will occur in Git and be pushed to GitHub regularly.  All development at Google Code will cease from this point forward.

The new location is @ https://github.com/bfattori/TheRenderEngine

Old versions of The Render Engine will remain at Google Code for historical purposes.  At some point I might move the old versions over to GitHub, but for the time being they will stay with Google.  Bugs for v1.5.3 and older should still be submitted to Google Code (I'll receive notifications).  Going forward for v2.0 and beyond, please submit issues at GitHub so I can properly associate them with the project.

For everyone that said, "if only you'd move your project to GitHub, I'd get involved..." well, now's your chance! Please do get involved and help me to advance the engine faster than I can do it alone.  I'm still learning Git, so be patient with me!  I've been a CVS and SVN user for so long, it's going to take time.

A note regarding demos and tutorials:  The demos currently run out of Google Code.  I will be moving those to the www.renderengine.com domain soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, your work is awesome. But I've got something to ask:
    1. Which physics engine do you use? I mean, Box2djs or Box2dWeb?
    2. Could you please continue your tutorial about physics? I'm really grateful if you update it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can handle SVN, you can handle Git. It's really not that much of a difference :)

    I'll have a look at the engine, if I have some time to spend.

    Keep up the good work Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was using Box2dJS, but in v2.0 I've updated to Box2dWeb since it's a single file. The original was built into TRE, but it was problematic when it came to the old Linker. The new Linker is much more relaxed so it made sense to update.

    ReplyDelete