Monday, June 20, 2011

Latest Progress

Sorry about the lack of posts, especially while the main web site has been down for a while.  My ISP is working on the issue.  The RAID array has been giving him multiple problems, so he's swapping it out with a new array and will have the site back soon.

The Render Engine Level Editor has been progressing nicely.  I've been battling with how to make the editor work, exactly, because everything is hosted in the browser.  There isn't a server side component to it which makes it a bit difficult to come up with how, exactly, to launch it.  It isn't a game of its own and instead functions as a game add-on.

It uses a game template to know what sprites and tiles are available for the editor.  This, to me, is a bit wonky.  I'd like to make it fairly intuitive but it's got me scratching my head.  As an editor, it's becoming very solid, but because there isn't a definitive line between game and editor it can be difficult to use.  It's still very much a work in progress, but it's the last thing to complete before The Render Engine enters beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment