Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Updated Demo & Particle Emitters

I've updated the vector demo over at The Render Engine web site.  It now includes a particle emitter component on the asteroids.  I sped up the rotation of the asteroids so the effect is more evident.  I'll probably slow them back down in the future.  I also want to add some jitter to the particles themselves so they don't look so organized.  Go check it out here:
http://www.renderengine.com/demos.php


For you Chrome fans (I'm one of them), you can try this link for an interesting effect in the particle engine:
http://www.renderengine.com/demos/v200/demos/vector/index.html?blur=true

Blurring is experimental and only seems to work on Chrome right now.  Other browsers will see some psychedelic visuals, but not what I intended.  You'll have to play the game to see the full effect.  For some reason, on the title screen, it doesn't work right.

This demo has been tested in:

  • Chrome 12-beta
  • Firefox 4
  • Safari 5
  • Internet Explorer 9
  • Opera 11

There's still work that needs to be done on the collision system.  Some of the collisions are still missed and I don't know why.  You can enable debugging to get the full range of debug visuals, including when objects are testing collisions (thick yellow lines between objects):
http://www.renderengine.com/demos/v200/demos/vector/index.html?debug=true

2 comments:

  1. Your project look great. I am planning to start looking at your engine to build a game soon. Should I look at version 1.5.3 or the latest version on githud?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the latest version. v1.5.3 is no longer being updated as I try to get v2.0.0 into beta.

    ReplyDelete